BART ROSS, Ph.D., PSYCHOLOGIST
I believe that by providing a safe, comfortable and relaxing atmosphere you will be able to achieve your personal goals and create a life that is not defined by difficult emotions, thoughts, activities and relationship(s) but defined by health and personal growth. In my years as a therapist I've learned first and foremost that careful and compassionate listening is a prerequisite to effective therapy. I have also learned from my client's that finding the right combination of flexibility, structure, education, challenge and empathy is critical for us to develop a good solid therapeutic relationship.
As you will see in my "SPECIALIZED SERVICES" page, I use a combination of strategies that are considered state of the art in the treatment of Trauma, Anxiety and Panic. However, it is through our collaboration that we will find the right blend of treatments that are based on your unique temperament and specific therapeutic needs. The work we do together is protected by "patient-psychotherapist" privilege and therefore is confidential. This confidentiality is protected under the law and the professional ethics code for Psychologists.
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Private Practice, Glendora, California since 1995. Worked with individuals, families and groups. Treated a variety disorders
- including; Trauma, Anxiety, Panic, Bipolar, Substance Abuse and Dependency.
- Consulting Clinical Psychologist, East Valley Hospital, Glendora, California
- Consulting Clinical Psychologist, Doctors Hospital of West Covina, West Covina, California
- Clinical Directors for the Dual Diagnosis Program at Foothill Health and Rehabilitation, Sylmar, California
- Consulting Clinical Psychologist Northridge Hospital, Northridge, California
- Vice President of Training and Program Development for Recovery Centers of America and Psychiatric Units of America. Both
- are national corporations with over 150 facilities across the U.S.
- Clinical Director, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Chemical Dependency CareUnit.
- Ph.D. United States International University (now Alliant University, CSPP)
- M.S. California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. Chapman University, Orange, California
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Register for Health Care Providers in Psychology
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the state of California #PSY15175
- Certified EMDR Therapist